A look at the opening titles to The Girl With Dragon Tattoo

July 2011 Blur studio invited me to design opening titles for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I started illustrating Tim Miller written, David Fincher approved vignettes. Later on moved to typography, opening logo reveal. Collaborative process took almost three months to complete.

Definitely an amazing breakdown of these amazing opening titles.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/The-G...MIH - March 12

Dude, the opening sequence to this movie was even more bizarre than the movie itself. Although completely different, it sort of reminded me of the opening sequence to Fight Club (which consequently is also a David Fincher film).

very good looking sequence for a movie intro, without having read the books or watched the movie, I can't say how it relates if at all, but yeah I pretty much worship Blur Studio's work these days
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

I saw the movie and I can't say how the intro relates to it!! I'm sure there is some artistic message in there somewhere though, ha ha.

Although I prefer Swedish director Oplev's original movie trilogy, the opening on this one is absolutely fantastic. Reminds me of Bond movies - hmmm.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."
    Dalai Lama

Blender Shortcut Keys, Blender 101 - 2.62 and 2.63 BMesh

Yeah, I was thinking Bond too, really impressive stuff though!