The faces of Flashback

Originally released for the Amiga (1992), Flashback is an impressive technological feat for a video game of its time, featuring animated cut scenes, beautifully hand drawn environments, and motion capture animations. Considered by many critics to be an artistic cyberpunk masterpiece, the game combines intrigue, deep storytelling, a living environment full of townies and unique enemies to explore, and an iconic soundtrack that interlaces ambiance, drum and bass, and gorgeous string arrangements—grounding the player in an adventure that is amongst the most atmospheric games of the early 16-bit era.
    No matter what stage of gamer you consider yourself to be, you have to give homage to one of the greats.

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.co.../features/700/

I loved this game! I heard it was all written by one guy too.

Huh, I never knew the SNES version was so bad. But then again, what else would I ever have to compare it to?

This is what I hate about PC games though; you have these classic and awesome games that you can't play on anything.

Would somebody get Backbone/Digital Eclipse to port this to modern consoles? I can trust their work.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

One of my top 5 games of all time. Tough gameplay, excellent graphics, great storyline and overall a lot of fun. I still have it for my Sega Mega Drive (think Genesis in USA) and I went through and completed it again last year. Seems to steal plot elements from a number of movies that were popular at the time, such as Total Recall (memory erased anyone?), They Live (Glasses that let you see aliens in the population), Phantasm (Flying silver killer ball things), The Running Man (Death Tower), Alien (Blowing big stuff up and then going to sleep in an escape ship) and Terminator 2 (Liquid villains!)

Great game

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Ahh, haha. I remember playing Flashback a bit, waaaay back in the days.
    Still flips out one of my 4 Amigas at least once a week to play old games.

WinUAE (or E-UAE for a number of other operating systems) is a nice way to play all those kick ass games from Amiga, on your PC.
    If you don't have an original Amiga you can transfer the kickstart rom from,
    you can purchase an Amiga Forever cd, which contains all you need to get the emulator running.

Just sad I was a Tandy user back in those days... Would have loved an Amiga.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    One of my top 5 games of all time. Tough gameplay, excellent graphics, great storyline and overall a lot of fun. I still have it for my Sega Mega Drive (think Genesis in USA) and I went through and completed it again last year. Seems to steal plot elements from a number of movies that were popular at the time, such as Total Recall (memory erased anyone?), They Live (Glasses that let you see aliens in the population), Phantasm (Flying silver killer ball things), The Running Man (Death Tower), Alien (Blowing big stuff up and then going to sleep in an escape ship) and Terminator 2 (Liquid villains!)
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

Ah the good old Amiga days, enjoyed playing that and Another World.

I had it on the Mega Drive, one of my favourite games on it until my little brother lent it to someone and I never saw it again. :'(
    Jason Busby is the Jack Bauer of video training!