Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Photography Contest Mark XIV

What are the rules?

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas.
    Post production editing is allowed. The editing done should be global, such as contrast, brightness, or overal tonal balancing (i.e. no sponge/dodge/burn, no brushes, vignetting, etc). Filters are prohibited. Any global editing should be used only to enhance the features that were captured in the shot to begin with. The only exception is converting to B&W or sepia.

Tell us what you did, unless it's staring us right in the face, in which case you probably shouldn't have done it ^^

Tell a bit about your image, and how you approached taking it.

What equipment do I need?

Well, as long as it can capture light and produce an image you can share with others, be it a analog camera, digital camera or maybe a cellphone camera, you are good to go.

How do we submit the pictures?

To make things easier for all of us, the kind and superior being that is mr_charism has supplied a 3dbuzz photo contest script that magically makes your images 3dbuzz-forum-friendly! I suggest using that, but you are of course free to choose any imagehost you like!

For those that intend to use the magic that mr_charisma conjured, the link is http://www.20papercups.net/image_upload

The theme

As decided by Kuanbyr, it's Winter Wonderland

So What makes a Winter Wonderland to your in your part of the world? Try to show us what winter is to you!

DEADLINE
    The deadline will, as usual, be 3 weeks, meaning we end on February 4th, 23:59 GMT +1.

If there are any questions, just ask here.

Now let the photography commence!
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Now I must go outside and freeze to take some new images! Going to play with this one abit.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

I might try to take some new pictures for this one. Just hope the snow will be around for a while longer.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

oh boy this will be a tough one for me since I am the only state that doesn't and also didn't get snow, I heard 49 out of 50 states got snow the other day but me, though I did take a couple pics about a month ago that may work for this one hmmm
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Neat theme! I'll see what I can pull off for this one...hmmm, going to have to get creative for this.

I know that some of you have a decent knowledge of photoshop, but I was wondering if you'd want me to "cast" a few photoshop videos for photo editing?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Sorry I ended up missing the end of the last constest; I was without internet access for 2 weeks!

But you didn't have to punish me!

http://www.weather.com.au/sa/adelaide

It's summer in the southern hemisphere

Well here is my attempt... straight off the camera and then only cropped then scaled to fit the forum pages:

And the full size version can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Khann View Post
    It's summer in the southern hemisphere
    Well, show us what it is like for you now then! or if you have some pictures from your winter you are good to go, it just would be nice to see what weather is like in other parts of the world, since winter in a lot of places is sunshine and palm trees, just make us jealous with your images! If Clone3D is ok with that, I sure am!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast