Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Angry Bad autodesk!!!!

Yeah, that's right - AUTODESK!

They just raided our office, apparently trial versions legally downloaded from their own website with our correct company information isn't quite so legal!

The trial versions weren't tampered with or doctored and no commercial works was EVER done with them.

Our company was fined 17000€!! For maya, 3ds max, inventor and autocad. This is an outrage, as if they don't have enough money already, yeah that's right, BUY OVER SOME OTHER COMPANY! RULE THE WORLD WHY DON'T YOU!!

Sigh...

To anyone at their offices, please, learn from our mistake. DO NOT DOWNLOAD TRIAL VERSIONS AT WORK. They are NOT legal and count just as bad as if you went to a torrent site and downloaded it there, cracked and all.

Please don't delete this - I need some support right about now
    Last edited by benmcl; 06-15-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Swearing

I won't delete this for now but never ever use that kind of language here again. If the admins decide to remove this fine but don't do it again.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Boy View Post
    Our company was fined 17000€!! For maya, 3ds max, inventor and autocad. This is an outrage, as if they don't have enough money already, yeah that's right, BUY OVER SOME OTHER COMPANY! RULE THE WORLD WHY DON'T YOU!!
    Jeez, that's about $20K+. i wonder if i'm in violation of any of their download rules ?

my motivation to learn Blender comes partially from Microsoft, not Autodesk.

why did the mod threaten to lock the post ? were there swear words ? oh my.
    http://www.wwSwimming.com/forum ~ CG

http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery

Our company was fined 17000€!!
    ..im sure they meant well. ^^

They just raided our office, apparently trial versions legally downloaded from their own website with our correct company information isn't quite so legal!
    How can it not be legal? And who fined your company, a Court of law or police? If it was a Court of law then what was their findings in the case?

if u are downloading a trial and using at a company (meaning to make money) then ya probably against the fine print.

But if you weren't using it for the company and can prove it im sure it will be fought
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Four people came: together they represented Microsoft, Adobe and Autodesk.
    Their findings were:

1. Maya PLE installed on two workstations.
    2. 3ds Max trial installed on a workstation.
    3. AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2009 installed with 30-day trial on a workstation.
    4. AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2009 not uninstalled before upgrading to AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2010.

They didn't even believe us when we said Maya PLE is unlimited non-commercial. They were convinced it was a 30-day trial, which the newer Mayas are, I guess.

So much for "innocent until proven guilty" right. We claim we did not use it commercially and they counter-claim by saying "can you prove us you didn't"?

It's a worthless cause. I've cooled down a bit now - but it's quite a blow, especially for a small company and I'm the CAD guru at my office so it was my idea to install trial versions to see what software might be good for us if we were to expand into different industries.

I hope somebody in here can learn from my mistake.

So you were fined an arm and a leg for evaluating their software?
    ...nice.

You should take this to court. Don't pay the fine. Sue them back in fact. Firstly, read the fine print for those software yourself and see if it can be proven that you violated any of the term of their agreement. If it can't be proven that you've violated anything, sue them. Either that or refuse to pay the fine. Just get the case into court, where you can have a fair trial.

PS
    Maya PLE has a watermark over it. Shouldn't be too hard to prove you didn't use if for commercial purposes.
    Last edited by Command0-182; 06-15-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Command0-182 View Post
    You should take this to court.
    I'm all for that!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast