Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Android application developer Alex Holmes is creating a simple and powerful new way to get your pirated videos: an application that uses your cellphone's built in camera to scan a DVD bar code, then starts the movie downloading onto your home computer.

Called "Torrent Droid," the program means consumers who spot a DVD they like at the local Walmart will no longer have to choose between the instant gratification of buying it on the spot, and the frugal -- albeit illegal -- alternative of grabbing it from BitTorrent.

"I could feel bad about creating a tool that could be used for piracy," says the 23-year-old Holmes, a Bournemouth University software systems student. "However if I didn't create the tool, someone else would have."

After scanning the UPC on the DVD's packaging, the program looks up the number in a database to get the title. Then it automatically runs a search on your favorite torrent site.

Select the torrent of your choice, and Torrent Droid sends it to your home computer, assuming your PC is running uTorrent with a web interface. If your broadband connection is fast and the checkout line slow, your movie will be waiting for you when you get home.

Holmes says the program will be for sale on his website, Zerofate, in about a month.
    It maybe a good tool but it only can be used in individually.

It's just a shame it uses bit torrent and not some legitimate service. What if instead of using bit torrent it ordered the dvd through NetFlix or Amazon or something.

this is a new idea, very good

Minh ?ang mu?n h?c khóa l?p trình ?? l?p m?t trang website v? ch?a b?nh hôi nách các b?n bi?t ch? giùm mình v?i

The only thing the would make me uncomfortable is hastily choosing a torrent that might not be legitimate or of decent quality. Plus I use private trackers, so this app wouldn't be extremely useful unless it can index those as well.

Thanks for sharing this usefully information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123