Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminTork View Post
    If you need any TOS textures, just check out some of the map/mod projects at http://spacestationk7.autom8on.net/.
    Shoot! If it doesn't rain, it POURS!
    That's great stuff! So there's more than a few of us...
    Is there a graphic for the transporter platform back panels? That would really help me out - I've had to copy and paste them from episodes - the ones I have aren't too pretty...

Just give me an URL because I can't find anything @ that url.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminTork View Post
    Havoc, AWESOME stuff. Like you and Brooke, I too have been building my own full-size Enterprise (off and on) over the past 8 years for the Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force game, though I am building it using the Q3 Radiant map editor instead of modeling it. I envy you guys because the Radiant editor cannot rotate world brushes without distorting everything, so I have to shape almost everything by hand. Very few areas that I can copy, mirror and paste. My version has most all the decks and corridors, as well as the main locations from the series (plus several from the FJD's blueprints), but mine will not feature all the rooms like yours does. I think you both will find that building the ship is the easy part, compared to the detailing phase. If you need any TOS textures, just check out some of the map/mod projects at http://spacestationk7.autom8on.net/. There's a plethora of original textures, sounds and md3s that the artists there have created over the years. Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to more screenies.
    Brooke, wanted to shout to you too. Tryin to get you both in at once.

Thanks for the link. That is one I haven't seen yet. Detailing is something I'm imagining going bald over. I've been at it for over a year now and am just finishing my first pass. Hoping it goes faster on the down side of the hump; but, we'll see. lol

Don't know how much collab I'm going to be involved in. I've been thinking about it for some time as a number of people have mentioned the possibility privately. We'll see. At any rate, got an update to post. Thanks for the input. Keep pluggin away. We'll eventually get to play
    "..the days of me not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds, Firefly.

Okay, made a little headway last night. Got a tad more to do to finish the deck; but, it's mostly done. Here are a few progress pics leading up to where I am now:

This is the latest general overview shot.

closer view of the officer's lounge area.

What's left to do? Two things. The adjoining doorways for
    suite bathrooms have to be punched out. They're already cut in, I just have to blow out the polys and seam them up.
    Secondly, I have to cut out the passthrough for the turbolift on the lower side of the deck. The doors are an hours worth of work.. tops. The lift passthrough is probably another hour - accounting for the normative bs..

After this, I have to go back and do some fixups on Deck six for the gangways; but, I should be starting work on deck 4 tonight..
    "..the days of me not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds, Firefly.

..The completed Deck 5. Deck 4 in progress.

Don't mix your plans

Ok. Deck 4 should be a walk in the park at this point, save for one thing. I mixed plans. When I started all this, I was using a mix of the Franz Joseph plans and the Fasa larger scale version. They seemed to be the same plans.. this shows that they aren't. My original deck 4 is built exactingly to the Fasa prints. Here, you can see how far off they actually are.

Not an immense setback. The top three decks can be reconstituted rather quickly. However, the skins for the upper section of the primary hull may take some time to refit. So, if you're mixing your deckplans, don't, unless you're satisfied with the consequence of it in advance.

Back to work..

Alright, Deck 4 was pretty well finished yesterday; but, I didn't get a chance to post the caps before hitting the sack; so..

It took about 4 hours to reshape the original deck floor. I really went into overkill on edges for the door tracks before
    figuring a better method for cutting them in. So, much of that was removed. The walls were also originally cut in at
    4 inches.. no idea why I did that; but, I apparently did. OOps. Fixed.

All the walls were realigned. The one problematic area is the gangways near the turbolift. They don't align with those on Decks 5 or six at all. Not a huge problem though. The ones on the other two decks were left in a manner that they could be moved for alignment purposes (foresight, ahh). So, I'll have to do some fixups later.

I cut everything possible into the floor layout as per my norm. So, this just flew together.

Here, the upper door frames have all now been extruded into place. And the deck is nearing completion.

Finally, the hull skins for this deck are cutout and fit up. There isn't much of anything accessible in this outer section. A ventilation duct runs along the floor of the chamber on three sides along with pumps for the water stored in the remainder of the space. Interesting place for it. There are walls yet to cut in for this space; but, as I don't yet know how I will handle the storage areas and interfaces, I'm leaving this for later detailing.

..on to deck 3..
    Last edited by havoc92; 12-31-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Havoc,
    This is insane work you are doing. Been following this thread since I signed up.
    Going to be one heck of a model when your done.
    The finished model is going to be nice once all rendered and all.

Keep it up.

Thank you Arch

Last update for the year:

This is the near complete deck 2. Didn't get to spend as much time on it today as I'd have liked. But, just a few spots to seam up and fini. I've got deck two imported and
    the backplane worked up to do a rework of it, then it's back to the bridge or maybe the nacelles. The rough in is nearly done. Now it's off for some short sack time before work.
    See ya next year.

Looks great! Keep us filled in!

Quote Originally Posted by JPjunkie View Post
    Looks great! Keep us filled in!
    Thanks JP. Here's the completed rough of Deck 2:

Gotta do the alignment thing now for the gangways down through deck 6, then it's a coin toss for Bridge or nacelles.

Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast