Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prise less-unreal contest?

Prise-less unreal contest?

I know this really should be over on unreal tech but I thought this was interesting enough for here.

Basically, would you enter a prise-less unreal contest? Most probably mapping. I really enjoyed the last contest and it improved my mapping skills greatly; I don’t know what buzz has planned for future contests but afaik the cost of prises and the response of a small few to the top 10 and 5 caused many of the problems during the last one.

Just an idea, what do people think? I myself would enter but heck, any excuse to map XD

edit: ah screw it, the topic should be "Prise-less unreal contest?" ¬¬

i think it should be prize-less unreal contest.

but ya I would be up for it, even mentioned on one of the radio shows once.
    I love contests great way to push ones self. could even do something like the unearthly challenge is doing, but 0 custom content and has to be a fun dm.

the concept is pick an existing piece of concept art and create a level around it using only ue3 assets. someone has a portfolio wip much like this, but for a single player experience.
    Last edited by Mtg_Kirin; 09-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

I'd be in for it! Specially if Joker is involved in it. I liked listening to him get all excited about the last contest.

But I figure Buzz has his reasons for not doing another one so soon (if at all) (not including the reasons he has already mentioned on the radio shows )... 'Sides, why open another contest door at this point in time, when we can wait for the AT-AT stuff to be completed, then have a bunch of AT-ATs running around in the levels? or better yet, super dooper AT-ATs!!! (would need a Zak voice over sound cue to shout 'REJECT!!!" every time the AT-AT steps on someone......)

But all joking aside, I'd be interested in another contest. Just to have a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by rkg456 View Post
    (would need a Zak voice over sound cue to shout 'REJECT!!!" every time the AT-AT steps on someone......)
    Hey, if it is not too late in the AT-AT pipeline can we put in the request to have Jeff add the Zak voice over as a custom sound for the Custom AT-AT like vehicle when imported into Unreal Ed?

hey nato, if you start I will def try to enter. Also if you need help pm me.

Can bounce ideas and such

also would more people join if there was a small prize? like gift card to 3dbuzz?
    Last edited by Mtg_Kirin; 09-17-2008 at 10:15 PM.
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Quote Originally Posted by rkg456 View Post
    Hey, if it is not too late in the AT-AT pipeline can we put in the request to have Jeff add the Zak voice over as a custom sound for the Custom AT-AT like vehicle when imported into Unreal Ed?
    You do know that you can edit your posts right? Rather than replying to and quoting yourself?
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

Has the old contest even come to a full close yet? Like the reviews by Cliff, Logan etc? If not then why not wait for that before already rushing to the next thing..?
    -Signature removed cause of excessive whining of Toastage. Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by V-Geek View Post
    Has the old contest even come to a full close yet? Like the reviews by Cliff, Logan etc? If not then why not wait for that before already rushing to the next thing..?
    the reviews from logan/jason i think are done, cliff who knows. Last I heard he was to busy to take time and do it. Plus all the prizes I think have been delivered.

also on radio show jason had said he wasn't really wanting to do another. He talked about the amount of time and money that was needed, so the community doing a for fun competition seems like a good answer.

Maybe we can even get a small prize together through donations.
    www.wolvesvslions.com

hey to take my idea a bit further on the concept art we could restrict it to drawings and paintings from 3dbuzz artests (such as toastage, if its ok with them ofcourse)

so we make a list of art and then the contest would be pick one and base a dm lvl off it.

also I think I have a $20 gift card left I would be willing to donate.
    www.wolvesvslions.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast