Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Im completely new, need tutorials

Hi, Im completely new to AE and I was wondering where I can find some video tutorials for this program. It doesnt matter if I have to pay for them. I just cant find any.

More Helpful

Quote Originally Posted by mematrix

Yeah, that's great. But if you are like me, I hate surfing 1600 pages as the tutorials are spread throughout, not consistently in a series, and then you are picking through the advanced tutorials "OK, I can't blend in camera masks and Illustrator files when I don't even know how to begin a project or animate text"

This is why Buzzs VTMs are awesome - he takes you soup to nuts through an actual project - so you learn along the way while building something.

having said that, I found this awesome book called Creating motion graphics with after effects - volume 1 - for 6.5. It literally starts you off with a project start to end while you learn about the program - then the rest of the book is other stuff. Giving you short tutes along the way. Its awesome

ISBN - 1578202493

You do need a DVD rom on your box, tho. Anyway - try that.

HTH somewhat

Tellurye

Yeah, thats a great book and do a google search for creative cow, they got some pretty good tutorials as well.

Olli

thanks a lot Shao

I'm gonne adopt this thread as the official After effects Tutorial links thread, feel free to post your tutoriallinks in here
    Don't shoot the messenger

If this was already listed, i missed it: http://www.xtreme-is-back.com/tutorials.html

hey,

take my word for it I learnt AE while doing my masters on motion graphics and although web tutorials can be good for specific tasks (sometimes) the best thing you can do is get

Creating Motion graphics with after effects (parts 1 &2) books and if youre still hungry for more (you will know all you need to know after reading those two books) then also get After effects in production book.

there, i saved you spending half your life trying to learn AE off net tutoirals.
    Digitized to death

Help

HI friend. I think you have to know that there is a great site about AE. and it is called www.creativecow.net .
    best regards mayhem213

After Effects Book

Quote Originally Posted by tellurye
    Yeah, that's great. But if you are like me, I hate surfing 1600 pages as the tutorials are spread throughout, not consistently in a series, and then you are picking through the advanced tutorials "OK, I can't blend in camera masks and Illustrator files when I don't even know how to begin a project or animate text"

This is why Buzzs VTMs are awesome - he takes you soup to nuts through an actual project - so you learn along the way while building something.

having said that, I found this awesome book called Creating motion graphics with after effects - volume 1 - for 6.5. It literally starts you off with a project start to end while you learn about the program - then the rest of the book is other stuff. Giving you short tutes along the way. Its awesome

ISBN - 1578202493

You do need a DVD rom on your box, tho. Anyway - try that.

HTH somewhat

I agree. Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects
    Tellurye
    I agree. Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects is an excellent book, and it helped me a lot when I started using After Effects. You cant go wrong with that book

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast